Jurys Boston And Willard InterContinental Buy Renewable Energy Credits
Jurys Boston Hotel and Willard InterContinental Hotel in Washington, D.C. have announced green energy purchases.
Constellation NewEnergy will provide approximately 7 million kilowatt hours of renewable energy credits for 100 percent of the hotel’s electricity usage, making Jurys one of the first hotels in Boston to match its entire load with green energy sources.
Pepco Energy Services is providing 100% wind renewable energy credits to the Willard InterContinental Hotel in Washington, D.C.
The one-year contract, which began in June, calls for Pepco Energy Services to provide the 332-room Willard InterContinental Washington nearly 7.1 million kilowatt hours of 100 percent wind renewable energy certificates. The Loyalton Group, an energy risk management firm, facilitated the contract. Pepco is providing RECs from Sterling Planet.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs