Jurys Boston And Willard InterContinental Buy Renewable Energy Credits
Jurys Boston Hotel and Willard InterContinental Hotel in Washington, D.C. have announced green energy purchases.
Constellation NewEnergy will provide approximately 7 million kilowatt hours of renewable energy credits for 100 percent of the hotel’s electricity usage, making Jurys one of the first hotels in Boston to match its entire load with green energy sources.
Pepco Energy Services is providing 100% wind renewable energy credits to the Willard InterContinental Hotel in Washington, D.C.
The one-year contract, which began in June, calls for Pepco Energy Services to provide the 332-room Willard InterContinental Washington nearly 7.1 million kilowatt hours of 100 percent wind renewable energy certificates. The Loyalton Group, an energy risk management firm, facilitated the contract. Pepco is providing RECs from Sterling Planet.
Energy Manager News
- 5 Reasons Clean Energy Investments Beat Expectations
- East Coast Cities are Top 3 Most Energy Efficient
- Tri-Generation System Generates Heat, Power, Hydrogen
- Lennox Expands Commercial Packaged Rooftop Units
- US Representative Wants to Extend Tax Credits for Clean Energy
- Eaton Hired at Fort Campbell
- Schneider Software Prevents Overcooling in Data Centers
- HVAC Brain Carries Siemens Commercial Room Thermostat