Jurys Boston And Willard InterContinental Buy Renewable Energy Credits
Jurys Boston Hotel and Willard InterContinental Hotel in Washington, D.C. have announced green energy purchases.
Constellation NewEnergy will provide approximately 7 million kilowatt hours of renewable energy credits for 100 percent of the hotel’s electricity usage, making Jurys one of the first hotels in Boston to match its entire load with green energy sources.
Pepco Energy Services is providing 100% wind renewable energy credits to the Willard InterContinental Hotel in Washington, D.C.
The one-year contract, which began in June, calls for Pepco Energy Services to provide the 332-room Willard InterContinental Washington nearly 7.1 million kilowatt hours of 100 percent wind renewable energy certificates. The Loyalton Group, an energy risk management firm, facilitated the contract. Pepco is providing RECs from Sterling Planet.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store