Survey Rates Skanska Top Green Contractor
Construction company Skanska has been rated the number one green builder in the Green Contractors Survey conducted by McGraw-Hill’s Engineering News-Record. The survey ranks the top 50 contractors in the U.S. for green building practices.
Companies that made the top ten of the survey are the Turner Corporation, Bovis Lend Lease, Swinerton, DPR Construction, Hunt Construction Group, Gilbane Building Company, Hathaway Dinwiddie Construction, William A. Berry & Son, and Clayco.
Skanska USA Building was the first construction management firm to have all of its environmental management systems registered to the ISO 14001 standard, and the company also built the first LEED Gold hospital in the U.S. at Providence Newberg Medical Center in Newberg, Oregon, according to McGraw Hill. Skanska has built many other LEED-certified projects, including the LEED Gold Waterfront Technology Center in Camden, New Jersey, and the first LEED Certified airport terminal in the U.S.: Delta Air Lines’ Terminal A at Boston’s Logan International.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store