Curtis Packaging Goes ‘100% Carbon Neutral’
Connecticut-based Curtis Packaging claims that they are the first 100 percent carbon neutral printing and packaging company in North America.
During the last five years Curtis says it has been identifying, assessing, and reducing internal aspects that contribute to their carbon footprint. As a result, it says it has become the first printing and packaging company in the U.S. to be Forest Stewardship Council certified and to use 100 percent renewable energy to power all of their operations.
The company’s remaining CO2 emissions are being neutralized by investing in the Mynydd-Y-Garnedd forestry project in Wales and the Rhine-Ruhr methane capture project in Germany.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Aspen Now 100% Powered by Renewable Resources
- Energy Efficiency: Building Owners Increasingly “Get It”
- 3 Technologies that Will Keep Energy Costs in Check
- Anaerobic Digester Project Starts on Long Island, NY
- Seward to Use Resurrection Bay for Heat
- An Iconic Structure Gets Certified Silver By LEED
- Sioux City, Woodbury County Getting LED Upgrade
- Buzz Oates Group Mounts Big LED Retrofit Project in Sacramento