Curtis Packaging Goes ‘100% Carbon Neutral’
Connecticut-based Curtis Packaging claims that they are the first 100 percent carbon neutral printing and packaging company in North America.
During the last five years Curtis says it has been identifying, assessing, and reducing internal aspects that contribute to their carbon footprint. As a result, it says it has become the first printing and packaging company in the U.S. to be Forest Stewardship Council certified and to use 100 percent renewable energy to power all of their operations.
The company’s remaining CO2 emissions are being neutralized by investing in the Mynydd-Y-Garnedd forestry project in Wales and the Rhine-Ruhr methane capture project in Germany.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation