Curtis Packaging Goes ‘100% Carbon Neutral’
Connecticut-based Curtis Packaging claims that they are the first 100 percent carbon neutral printing and packaging company in North America.
During the last five years Curtis says it has been identifying, assessing, and reducing internal aspects that contribute to their carbon footprint. As a result, it says it has become the first printing and packaging company in the U.S. to be Forest Stewardship Council certified and to use 100 percent renewable energy to power all of their operations.
The company’s remaining CO2 emissions are being neutralized by investing in the Mynydd-Y-Garnedd forestry project in Wales and the Rhine-Ruhr methane capture project in Germany.
Energy Manager News
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program