Curtis Packaging Goes ‘100% Carbon Neutral’
Connecticut-based Curtis Packaging claims that they are the first 100 percent carbon neutral printing and packaging company in North America.
During the last five years Curtis says it has been identifying, assessing, and reducing internal aspects that contribute to their carbon footprint. As a result, it says it has become the first printing and packaging company in the U.S. to be Forest Stewardship Council certified and to use 100 percent renewable energy to power all of their operations.
The company’s remaining CO2 emissions are being neutralized by investing in the Mynydd-Y-Garnedd forestry project in Wales and the Rhine-Ruhr methane capture project in Germany.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland