Curtis Packaging Goes ’100% Carbon Neutral’
Connecticut-based Curtis Packaging claims that they are the first 100 percent carbon neutral printing and packaging company in North America.
During the last five years Curtis says it has been identifying, assessing, and reducing internal aspects that contribute to their carbon footprint. As a result, it says it has become the first printing and packaging company in the U.S. to be Forest Stewardship Council certified and to use 100 percent renewable energy to power all of their operations.
The company’s remaining CO2 emissions are being neutralized by investing in the Mynydd-Y-Garnedd forestry project in Wales and the Rhine-Ruhr methane capture project in Germany.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses