NaviSite Joins Green Grid
NaviSite says it recently developed a high capacity data center environment to solve the power and cooling challenges created by higher density server deployments. Using monitoring software and systems in conjunction with data center equipment, NaviSite says it reduces energy consumption for cooling by more than 20 percent over conventional methods.
By using temperature probes to monitor and manage server cooling by auto-adjusting the fan speed to optimal levels, the company says it can support higher density server requirements within its existing data center infrastructure for managed hosting and colocation clients -? double the watts per square foot than most existing data center facilities can offer today.
The Green Grid recently outlined its 2007 deliverables and technology roadmap.
Energy Manager News
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments