NaviSite Joins Green Grid
NaviSite says it recently developed a high capacity data center environment to solve the power and cooling challenges created by higher density server deployments. Using monitoring software and systems in conjunction with data center equipment, NaviSite says it reduces energy consumption for cooling by more than 20 percent over conventional methods.
By using temperature probes to monitor and manage server cooling by auto-adjusting the fan speed to optimal levels, the company says it can support higher density server requirements within its existing data center infrastructure for managed hosting and colocation clients -? double the watts per square foot than most existing data center facilities can offer today.
The Green Grid recently outlined its 2007 deliverables and technology roadmap.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation