NaviSite Joins Green Grid
NaviSite says it recently developed a high capacity data center environment to solve the power and cooling challenges created by higher density server deployments. Using monitoring software and systems in conjunction with data center equipment, NaviSite says it reduces energy consumption for cooling by more than 20 percent over conventional methods.
By using temperature probes to monitor and manage server cooling by auto-adjusting the fan speed to optimal levels, the company says it can support higher density server requirements within its existing data center infrastructure for managed hosting and colocation clients -? double the watts per square foot than most existing data center facilities can offer today.
The Green Grid recently outlined its 2007 deliverables and technology roadmap.
Energy Manager News
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016
- CAL-ISO Study: Regional Energy Market Could Yield $1.5B in Savings Annually to Ratepayers
- Sands to Stay, But MGM and Wynn Still Plan to Leave NV Energy
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates