RecycleBank Gets $2 Million Investment From Coke
RecycleBank, a rewards program that motivates people to recycle, has received a $2 million investment from Coca-Cola to help the company expand nationwide. The investment is part of a larger relationship with RecycleBank to increase curbside recycling rates in the U.S.
RecycleBank measures the amount of material recycled by households and then converts the amount into RecycleBank Points that are redeemed by the program’s reward partners.
More than 300 local and national businesses, including Starbucks, Bed, Bath & Beyond, and Staples, have partnered with RecycleBank in order to reach the households that it services.
The company currently provides service in New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania and will be launching service nationally in 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls