Cooler Lines Up Big Retail Partners, Offers Program For Manufacturers
Cooler has launched a new Website, www.ClimateCooler.com, where consumers can eliminate the global warming impact of their online purchases at over 400 e-commerce sites. When a consumer starts their online shopping at ClimateCooler.com and completes the purchase at a participating store, the global warming impact of each purchase is calculated and a portion of the purchase price is returned by stores to Cooler to offset that impact, according to the company. The consumer pays the same price they would if they went directly to the store.
ClimateCooler.com says it features over 8 million products, including iPods and iPhones at Apple.com, organic lifestyle products from Gaiam.com, and books at Barnes & Noble.com.
Cooler has also launched a program that lets manufacturers and retailers of consumer products and services eliminate the emissions impact of what they sell. “Cooler Complete” provides emissions assessments, emissions reduction strategies, and carbon offsets approved by Environmental Defense, the National Wildlife Federation, and the Natural Resources Defense Council. Cooler Complete also includes a customized marketing kit to help clients effectively communicate the actions they are taking to address the global warming.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store