Cooler Lines Up Big Retail Partners, Offers Program For Manufacturers
Cooler has launched a new Website, www.ClimateCooler.com, where consumers can eliminate the global warming impact of their online purchases at over 400 e-commerce sites. When a consumer starts their online shopping at ClimateCooler.com and completes the purchase at a participating store, the global warming impact of each purchase is calculated and a portion of the purchase price is returned by stores to Cooler to offset that impact, according to the company. The consumer pays the same price they would if they went directly to the store.
ClimateCooler.com says it features over 8 million products, including iPods and iPhones at Apple.com, organic lifestyle products from Gaiam.com, and books at Barnes & Noble.com.
Cooler has also launched a program that lets manufacturers and retailers of consumer products and services eliminate the emissions impact of what they sell. “Cooler Complete” provides emissions assessments, emissions reduction strategies, and carbon offsets approved by Environmental Defense, the National Wildlife Federation, and the Natural Resources Defense Council. Cooler Complete also includes a customized marketing kit to help clients effectively communicate the actions they are taking to address the global warming.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend