Cooler Lines Up Big Retail Partners, Offers Program For Manufacturers
Cooler has launched a new Website, www.ClimateCooler.com, where consumers can eliminate the global warming impact of their online purchases at over 400 e-commerce sites. When a consumer starts their online shopping at ClimateCooler.com and completes the purchase at a participating store, the global warming impact of each purchase is calculated and a portion of the purchase price is returned by stores to Cooler to offset that impact, according to the company. The consumer pays the same price they would if they went directly to the store.
ClimateCooler.com says it features over 8 million products, including iPods and iPhones at Apple.com, organic lifestyle products from Gaiam.com, and books at Barnes & Noble.com.
Cooler has also launched a program that lets manufacturers and retailers of consumer products and services eliminate the emissions impact of what they sell. “Cooler Complete” provides emissions assessments, emissions reduction strategies, and carbon offsets approved by Environmental Defense, the National Wildlife Federation, and the Natural Resources Defense Council. Cooler Complete also includes a customized marketing kit to help clients effectively communicate the actions they are taking to address the global warming.
Energy Manager News
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations
- Minnesota PUC Approves New Rate Structure, Size Cap for Solar Gardens
- Maine PUC Endorses Natural Gas Pipeline Expansion at Expense of Ratepayers
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look