Wal-Mart To Sell Reusable Shopping Bags
Wal-Mart plans to unveil its first recyclable cloth shopping bag this weekend, The Chicago Tribune reports. The black bags slogan reads: “Paper or Plastic? Neither.” They cost $1 each.
Other retailers have been offering similar products to cut down on the number of plastic bags that end up in landfills. Ikea, for example, recently began charging consumers extra if chose plastic and began steering them towards purchasing its reusable “Big Blue Bag.”
Yesterday, TreeHugger had a roundup of recent plastic bag news.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland