Wal-Mart To Sell Reusable Shopping Bags
Wal-Mart plans to unveil its first recyclable cloth shopping bag this weekend, The Chicago Tribune reports. The black bags slogan reads: “Paper or Plastic? Neither.” They cost $1 each.
Other retailers have been offering similar products to cut down on the number of plastic bags that end up in landfills. Ikea, for example, recently began charging consumers extra if chose plastic and began steering them towards purchasing its reusable “Big Blue Bag.”
Yesterday, TreeHugger had a roundup of recent plastic bag news.
Energy Manager News
- 18 Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use
- ASHRAE Updates Lighting and Controls Guidelines
- RI Town Begins $620,000 Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- Businesses Offered ‘Instant Rebates’ from Utility
- Rocky Mountain Institute Provides Energy Retrofit Course
- DOE Awards $600,000 for Building Energy Efficiency Projects
- 3Degrees Helps Companies Procure Renewables