Wal-Mart To Sell Reusable Shopping Bags
Wal-Mart plans to unveil its first recyclable cloth shopping bag this weekend, The Chicago Tribune reports. The black bags slogan reads: “Paper or Plastic? Neither.” They cost $1 each.
Other retailers have been offering similar products to cut down on the number of plastic bags that end up in landfills. Ikea, for example, recently began charging consumers extra if chose plastic and began steering them towards purchasing its reusable “Big Blue Bag.”
Yesterday, TreeHugger had a roundup of recent plastic bag news.
Energy Manager News
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage