Wal-Mart To Sell Reusable Shopping Bags
Wal-Mart plans to unveil its first recyclable cloth shopping bag this weekend, The Chicago Tribune reports. The black bags slogan reads: “Paper or Plastic? Neither.” They cost $1 each.
Other retailers have been offering similar products to cut down on the number of plastic bags that end up in landfills. Ikea, for example, recently began charging consumers extra if chose plastic and began steering them towards purchasing its reusable “Big Blue Bag.”
Yesterday, TreeHugger had a roundup of recent plastic bag news.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B