Wal-Mart To Sell Reusable Shopping Bags
Wal-Mart plans to unveil its first recyclable cloth shopping bag this weekend, The Chicago Tribune reports. The black bags slogan reads: “Paper or Plastic? Neither.” They cost $1 each.
Other retailers have been offering similar products to cut down on the number of plastic bags that end up in landfills. Ikea, for example, recently began charging consumers extra if chose plastic and began steering them towards purchasing its reusable “Big Blue Bag.”
Yesterday, TreeHugger had a roundup of recent plastic bag news.
Energy Manager News
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016