Pier 1 Installs CFLs In 120 California Stores
One of the most recent conversions, according to the article, is Pier 1 Imports in Chico, California. According to Pier One spokeswoman Misty Otto, the store’s traditional lights – all 474 of them and their housings – were replaced with 219 compact fluorescent bulbs.
The company is now changing all of its 120 stores in California over.
Otto said she couldn’t reveal the amount of savings the company expects from the change.
A tax paid by all PG&E customers for “public purpose programs” actually funds the conversions, but it means the businesses generally pay nothing for the improvements that include new lights and fixtures, among other elements.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016