Pier 1 Installs CFLs In 120 California Stores
One of the most recent conversions, according to the article, is Pier 1 Imports in Chico, California. According to Pier One spokeswoman Misty Otto, the store’s traditional lights – all 474 of them and their housings – were replaced with 219 compact fluorescent bulbs.
The company is now changing all of its 120 stores in California over.
Otto said she couldn’t reveal the amount of savings the company expects from the change.
A tax paid by all PG&E customers for “public purpose programs” actually funds the conversions, but it means the businesses generally pay nothing for the improvements that include new lights and fixtures, among other elements.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics