Pier 1 Installs CFLs In 120 California Stores
One of the most recent conversions, according to the article, is Pier 1 Imports in Chico, California. According to Pier One spokeswoman Misty Otto, the store’s traditional lights – all 474 of them and their housings – were replaced with 219 compact fluorescent bulbs.
The company is now changing all of its 120 stores in California over.
Otto said she couldn’t reveal the amount of savings the company expects from the change.
A tax paid by all PG&E customers for “public purpose programs” actually funds the conversions, but it means the businesses generally pay nothing for the improvements that include new lights and fixtures, among other elements.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution