Pier 1 Installs CFLs In 120 California Stores
One of the most recent conversions, according to the article, is Pier 1 Imports in Chico, California. According to Pier One spokeswoman Misty Otto, the store’s traditional lights – all 474 of them and their housings – were replaced with 219 compact fluorescent bulbs.
The company is now changing all of its 120 stores in California over.
Otto said she couldn’t reveal the amount of savings the company expects from the change.
A tax paid by all PG&E customers for “public purpose programs” actually funds the conversions, but it means the businesses generally pay nothing for the improvements that include new lights and fixtures, among other elements.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management