Office Depot Launches Nationwide, In-Store Tech Recycling Program
Office Depot has launched a new “Tech Recycling Service” available at all of its 1,100-plus retail store locations in North America. The program, which was piloted in 2006 in approximately 100 stores in the U.S., has resulted in the recycling of more than 108,000 pounds of technology.
In order to recycle products, customers must buy a Tech Recycling Box at an Office Depot store. (Boxes are priced at $5, $10, and $15, and include shipping and handling.) Customers then drop the box back off with the equipment inside.
“Office Depot’s environmental vision is to increasingly buy green, be green and sell green,” said Yalmaz Siddiqui, Environmental Strategy Advisor for Office Depot. “Through our Tech Recycling Service, we hope to offer our customers another solution for reducing their environmental impact.”
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports