Office Depot Launches Nationwide, In-Store Tech Recycling Program
Office Depot has launched a new “Tech Recycling Service” available at all of its 1,100-plus retail store locations in North America. The program, which was piloted in 2006 in approximately 100 stores in the U.S., has resulted in the recycling of more than 108,000 pounds of technology.
In order to recycle products, customers must buy a Tech Recycling Box at an Office Depot store. (Boxes are priced at $5, $10, and $15, and include shipping and handling.) Customers then drop the box back off with the equipment inside.
“Office Depot’s environmental vision is to increasingly buy green, be green and sell green,” said Yalmaz Siddiqui, Environmental Strategy Advisor for Office Depot. “Through our Tech Recycling Service, we hope to offer our customers another solution for reducing their environmental impact.”
Energy Manager News
- The hunt for reforming energy markets
- New Hampshire Shopping Site Offers Over 70 Competitive Retail Plans
- KCC Slashes Westar Transmission Delivery Fee
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy