Office Depot Launches Nationwide, In-Store Tech Recycling Program
Office Depot has launched a new “Tech Recycling Service” available at all of its 1,100-plus retail store locations in North America. The program, which was piloted in 2006 in approximately 100 stores in the U.S., has resulted in the recycling of more than 108,000 pounds of technology.
In order to recycle products, customers must buy a Tech Recycling Box at an Office Depot store. (Boxes are priced at $5, $10, and $15, and include shipping and handling.) Customers then drop the box back off with the equipment inside.
“Office Depot’s environmental vision is to increasingly buy green, be green and sell green,” said Yalmaz Siddiqui, Environmental Strategy Advisor for Office Depot. “Through our Tech Recycling Service, we hope to offer our customers another solution for reducing their environmental impact.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years