SNIA’s Green IT Program Joins Crowded Field
The scope of work for the SNIA Green Storage Initiative will span all shared-storage technologies, including disk and tape systems, server connectivity, storage appliances, fabrics and other storage network infrastructure, file services and storage applications.
The GSI joins such other recently instituted organizations as the Green Grid, the Green Data Project and Lean & Green Group. The Environmental Protection Agency also has a green IT branch, the Energy Star server initiative.
Charter members include 3PAR, Brocade, COPAN Systems, Dell, EMC, EqualLogic, Emulex, Hitachi Data Systems, Hewlett-Packard, Intransa, IBM, LSI Logic, Microsoft, Network Appliance, QLogic, Seagate, Sun Microsystems, Xiotech and Xyratex.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store