SNIA’s Green IT Program Joins Crowded Field
The scope of work for the SNIA Green Storage Initiative will span all shared-storage technologies, including disk and tape systems, server connectivity, storage appliances, fabrics and other storage network infrastructure, file services and storage applications.
The GSI joins such other recently instituted organizations as the Green Grid, the Green Data Project and Lean & Green Group. The Environmental Protection Agency also has a green IT branch, the Energy Star server initiative.
Charter members include 3PAR, Brocade, COPAN Systems, Dell, EMC, EqualLogic, Emulex, Hitachi Data Systems, Hewlett-Packard, Intransa, IBM, LSI Logic, Microsoft, Network Appliance, QLogic, Seagate, Sun Microsystems, Xiotech and Xyratex.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries