SNIA’s Green IT Program Joins Crowded Field
The scope of work for the SNIA Green Storage Initiative will span all shared-storage technologies, including disk and tape systems, server connectivity, storage appliances, fabrics and other storage network infrastructure, file services and storage applications.
The GSI joins such other recently instituted organizations as the Green Grid, the Green Data Project and Lean & Green Group. The Environmental Protection Agency also has a green IT branch, the Energy Star server initiative.
Charter members include 3PAR, Brocade, COPAN Systems, Dell, EMC, EqualLogic, Emulex, Hitachi Data Systems, Hewlett-Packard, Intransa, IBM, LSI Logic, Microsoft, Network Appliance, QLogic, Seagate, Sun Microsystems, Xiotech and Xyratex.
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy