SNIA’s Green IT Program Joins Crowded Field
The scope of work for the SNIA Green Storage Initiative will span all shared-storage technologies, including disk and tape systems, server connectivity, storage appliances, fabrics and other storage network infrastructure, file services and storage applications.
The GSI joins such other recently instituted organizations as the Green Grid, the Green Data Project and Lean & Green Group. The Environmental Protection Agency also has a green IT branch, the Energy Star server initiative.
Charter members include 3PAR, Brocade, COPAN Systems, Dell, EMC, EqualLogic, Emulex, Hitachi Data Systems, Hewlett-Packard, Intransa, IBM, LSI Logic, Microsoft, Network Appliance, QLogic, Seagate, Sun Microsystems, Xiotech and Xyratex.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls