FirstEnergy Launches Wind Program For Commercial Customers
FirstEnergy Solutions Corp. has launched SmartWind,a wind energy product for commercial and industrial customers.
With the SmartWind program, FirstEnergy Solutions’ electric generation customers can purchase renewable energy credits from wind farms in western Pennsylvania and contracted to FirstEnergy Solutions. SmartWind is available for commercial and industrial electric customers in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey and Michigan.
FirstEnergy Solutions says it will purchase RECs equal to 100 percent of the energy used at its Akron headquarters through the end of 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries
- Nuclear Giant Exelon Wants to Invest in Wind Energy in Ohio
- Arby’s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Navigant: Smart Meter Sector Has “Plateaued”
- Poll: 75% of Large U.S. Corporations Say They Will Buy Renewables Within 18 Months
- Duke Energy Progress Customers to See Fuel Cost-Recovery Savings
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity