FirstEnergy Launches Wind Program For Commercial Customers
FirstEnergy Solutions Corp. has launched SmartWind,a wind energy product for commercial and industrial customers.
With the SmartWind program, FirstEnergy Solutions’ electric generation customers can purchase renewable energy credits from wind farms in western Pennsylvania and contracted to FirstEnergy Solutions. SmartWind is available for commercial and industrial electric customers in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey and Michigan.
FirstEnergy Solutions says it will purchase RECs equal to 100 percent of the energy used at its Akron headquarters through the end of 2008.
Energy Manager News
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant
- FAA Pays to Upgrade Airport Hangar Heating
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps