FirstEnergy Launches Wind Program For Commercial Customers
FirstEnergy Solutions Corp. has launched SmartWind,a wind energy product for commercial and industrial customers.
With the SmartWind program, FirstEnergy Solutions’ electric generation customers can purchase renewable energy credits from wind farms in western Pennsylvania and contracted to FirstEnergy Solutions. SmartWind is available for commercial and industrial electric customers in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey and Michigan.
FirstEnergy Solutions says it will purchase RECs equal to 100 percent of the energy used at its Akron headquarters through the end of 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform