FirstEnergy Launches Wind Program For Commercial Customers
FirstEnergy Solutions Corp. has launched SmartWind,a wind energy product for commercial and industrial customers.
With the SmartWind program, FirstEnergy Solutions’ electric generation customers can purchase renewable energy credits from wind farms in western Pennsylvania and contracted to FirstEnergy Solutions. SmartWind is available for commercial and industrial electric customers in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey and Michigan.
FirstEnergy Solutions says it will purchase RECs equal to 100 percent of the energy used at its Akron headquarters through the end of 2008.
Energy Manager News
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA