HMSHost Begins Buying RECs For Travel Plazas
HMSHost Corporation, which develops retail and food concession areas for airports and highways will match 50 percent of the electricity used at the company’s three travel plazas located along Interstate 95 in Delaware and Maryland with 6 million kilowatt hours of renewable energy credits from Constellation NewEnergy, a subsidiary of Constellation Energy.
“Working with Constellation NewEnergy to match half of our electricity use at these locations complements our existing efforts to integrate green construction standards and energy efficient management systems into our building designs and operations,” said Michael Jones, senior vice president, HMSHost.
Including the Delaware and Maryland locations, HMSHost operates more than 100 travel plazas on fourteen motorways in the U.S. and Canada.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend