HMSHost Begins Buying RECs For Travel Plazas
HMSHost Corporation, which develops retail and food concession areas for airports and highways will match 50 percent of the electricity used at the company’s three travel plazas located along Interstate 95 in Delaware and Maryland with 6 million kilowatt hours of renewable energy credits from Constellation NewEnergy, a subsidiary of Constellation Energy.
“Working with Constellation NewEnergy to match half of our electricity use at these locations complements our existing efforts to integrate green construction standards and energy efficient management systems into our building designs and operations,” said Michael Jones, senior vice president, HMSHost.
Including the Delaware and Maryland locations, HMSHost operates more than 100 travel plazas on fourteen motorways in the U.S. and Canada.
Energy Manager News
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016
- CAL-ISO Study: Regional Energy Market Could Yield $1.5B in Savings Annually to Ratepayers
- Sands to Stay, But MGM and Wynn Still Plan to Leave NV Energy
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action