HMSHost Begins Buying RECs For Travel Plazas
HMSHost Corporation, which develops retail and food concession areas for airports and highways will match 50 percent of the electricity used at the company’s three travel plazas located along Interstate 95 in Delaware and Maryland with 6 million kilowatt hours of renewable energy credits from Constellation NewEnergy, a subsidiary of Constellation Energy.
“Working with Constellation NewEnergy to match half of our electricity use at these locations complements our existing efforts to integrate green construction standards and energy efficient management systems into our building designs and operations,” said Michael Jones, senior vice president, HMSHost.
Including the Delaware and Maryland locations, HMSHost operates more than 100 travel plazas on fourteen motorways in the U.S. and Canada.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform