HMSHost Begins Buying RECs For Travel Plazas
HMSHost Corporation, which develops retail and food concession areas for airports and highways will match 50 percent of the electricity used at the company’s three travel plazas located along Interstate 95 in Delaware and Maryland with 6 million kilowatt hours of renewable energy credits from Constellation NewEnergy, a subsidiary of Constellation Energy.
“Working with Constellation NewEnergy to match half of our electricity use at these locations complements our existing efforts to integrate green construction standards and energy efficient management systems into our building designs and operations,” said Michael Jones, senior vice president, HMSHost.
Including the Delaware and Maryland locations, HMSHost operates more than 100 travel plazas on fourteen motorways in the U.S. and Canada.
Energy Manager News
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course