HMSHost Begins Buying RECs For Travel Plazas
HMSHost Corporation, which develops retail and food concession areas for airports and highways will match 50 percent of the electricity used at the company’s three travel plazas located along Interstate 95 in Delaware and Maryland with 6 million kilowatt hours of renewable energy credits from Constellation NewEnergy, a subsidiary of Constellation Energy.
“Working with Constellation NewEnergy to match half of our electricity use at these locations complements our existing efforts to integrate green construction standards and energy efficient management systems into our building designs and operations,” said Michael Jones, senior vice president, HMSHost.
Including the Delaware and Maryland locations, HMSHost operates more than 100 travel plazas on fourteen motorways in the U.S. and Canada.
Energy Manager News
- Getting Serious About Energy Metrics
- Honeywell Smart Building Technology Uses ‘Tablet-Like’ Visualization
- Micro Wind Turbines Top Intel Headquarters
- Neon LED Strip Light Prevents Dangers of Actual Neon Light
- Framingham Saves $380,000 per Year with ESPC
- FlexEnergy Commissions Multiple 250 KW Gas Turbines in Seoul
- Corporations Rally to Streamline Renewable Energy Procurement
- Solar Trees Provide Shade, Electricity, EV Charging