New Tool Measures Carbon Footprint Of Producing TV Commercials
The Versus cable TV network and Brooklyn Brothers ad agency have produced a campaign of TV commercials in a carbon-neutral manner, AdAge reports.
Working with ERM, a London-based environmental-engineering firm, Brooklyn Brothers has created a software system that tracks and quantifies the amount of carbon pollutants generated when making TV commercials with studio and remote-location film shoots.
The software tool takes into account all aspects of production from travel to power generators to lighting to film processing, according to the Brooklyn Brothers’ blog. Brooklyn Brothers says it will continue to use the software to offset emissions from all future productions as well as its own emissions.
The system was used to calculate the carbon footprint of a shoot that produced 15 TV commercials for Versus.
AdAge has a video that shows how the system works.
Brooklyn Brothers says it will make the tool freely available.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management