New Tool Measures Carbon Footprint Of Producing TV Commercials
The Versus cable TV network and Brooklyn Brothers ad agency have produced a campaign of TV commercials in a carbon-neutral manner, AdAge reports.
Working with ERM, a London-based environmental-engineering firm, Brooklyn Brothers has created a software system that tracks and quantifies the amount of carbon pollutants generated when making TV commercials with studio and remote-location film shoots.
The software tool takes into account all aspects of production from travel to power generators to lighting to film processing, according to the Brooklyn Brothers’ blog. Brooklyn Brothers says it will continue to use the software to offset emissions from all future productions as well as its own emissions.
The system was used to calculate the carbon footprint of a shoot that produced 15 TV commercials for Versus.
AdAge has a video that shows how the system works.
Brooklyn Brothers says it will make the tool freely available.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike