Morgan Stanley: Clean Energy Sales Could Hit $1 Trillion By 2030
Morgan Stanley estimates that global sales from clean energy sources like like wind, solar and geothermal could reach $1 trillion a year by 2030, Reuters reports.
Population growth and soaring prices for fossil fuels are driving the market, along with dropping costs in clean energy and concern about energy security and climate change.
As a comparison, the GDP of the U.S. hit $13.2 trillion last year.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform