California To Sue Over Inaction On GHG Rules
California plans to sue the Bush administration this week to demand action on the state’s request to restrict greenhouse emissions from cars and trucks, The Associated Press reports.
The state says it has waited too long for a decision from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
California wants to start implementing a 2002 state law that limits auto emissions of carbon dioxide and other gases linked to global warming, but it needs EPA’s approval.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market