Macy’s, Johnson & Johnson, Kohl’s Among Green Power Award Winners
EPA has recognized 17 organizations that make up this year’s green power purchaser award winners, a mix of Fortune 500 companies, businesses, municipalities and a university.
The combined commitments of these organizations amount to nearly four billion kilowatt-hours of green power annually, which is the equivalent amount of electricity needed to power nearly 250,000 average American households each year. EPA also estimates that the combined environmental impact of these purchasers will avoid the equivalent amount of CO2 emissions of nearly 450,000 vehicles each year.
Each of the 17 purchaser award winners are EPA Green Power Partners, who must meet or exceed EPA purchase requirements for green power. This year’s Green Power Leadership Awards include:
Green Power Partner of the Year:
City of Bellingham, Wash.
Johnson & Johnson
Mohawk Fine Papers
Wells Fargo & Company
Whole Foods Market
On Site Generation:
City of Chico, Calif.
Macy’s Inc., West Division
The Timberland Company
Green Power Purchasing:
Kohl’s Department Stores
The Pepsi Bottling Group Inc.
Pepsi Bottling Ventures
New York University
Sloan Valve Company, Illinois Manufacturing Facility
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years