Macy’s, Johnson & Johnson, Kohl’s Among Green Power Award Winners
EPA has recognized 17 organizations that make up this year’s green power purchaser award winners, a mix of Fortune 500 companies, businesses, municipalities and a university.
The combined commitments of these organizations amount to nearly four billion kilowatt-hours of green power annually, which is the equivalent amount of electricity needed to power nearly 250,000 average American households each year. EPA also estimates that the combined environmental impact of these purchasers will avoid the equivalent amount of CO2 emissions of nearly 450,000 vehicles each year.
Each of the 17 purchaser award winners are EPA Green Power Partners, who must meet or exceed EPA purchase requirements for green power. This year’s Green Power Leadership Awards include:
Green Power Partner of the Year:
City of Bellingham, Wash.
Johnson & Johnson
Mohawk Fine Papers
Wells Fargo & Company
Whole Foods Market
On Site Generation:
City of Chico, Calif.
Macy’s Inc., West Division
The Timberland Company
Green Power Purchasing:
Kohl’s Department Stores
The Pepsi Bottling Group Inc.
Pepsi Bottling Ventures
New York University
Sloan Valve Company, Illinois Manufacturing Facility
Energy Manager News
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016