Macy’s, Johnson & Johnson, Kohl’s Among Green Power Award Winners
EPA has recognized 17 organizations that make up this year’s green power purchaser award winners, a mix of Fortune 500 companies, businesses, municipalities and a university.
The combined commitments of these organizations amount to nearly four billion kilowatt-hours of green power annually, which is the equivalent amount of electricity needed to power nearly 250,000 average American households each year. EPA also estimates that the combined environmental impact of these purchasers will avoid the equivalent amount of CO2 emissions of nearly 450,000 vehicles each year.
Each of the 17 purchaser award winners are EPA Green Power Partners, who must meet or exceed EPA purchase requirements for green power. This year’s Green Power Leadership Awards include:
Green Power Partner of the Year:
City of Bellingham, Wash.
Johnson & Johnson
Mohawk Fine Papers
Wells Fargo & Company
Whole Foods Market
On Site Generation:
City of Chico, Calif.
Macy’s Inc., West Division
The Timberland Company
Green Power Purchasing:
Kohl’s Department Stores
The Pepsi Bottling Group Inc.
Pepsi Bottling Ventures
New York University
Sloan Valve Company, Illinois Manufacturing Facility
Energy Manager News
- Arby’s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Navigant: Smart Meter Sector Has “Plateaued”
- Nuclear Giant Exelon Wants to Invest in Wind Energy in Ohio
- Poll: 75% of Large U.S. Corporations Say They Will Buy Renewables Within 18 Months
- Duke Energy Progress Customers to See Fuel Cost-Recovery Savings
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED