Mitsubishi Electric Announces Plan To Cut CO2 Emissions 30%
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation has released (PDF) a long-term environmental management vision dubbed “Environmental Vision 2021.” The target year, 2021, commemorates the 100th anniversary of the company’s founding.
On the global warming front, the company says its working to reduce (compared to fiscal 2000) carbon dioxide emissions resulting from product use as well as by production by 30 percent. The company says it emits 40-50 times more CO2 in the use of products than during production.
Mitsubishi says it will continue to invest some 0.1 percent of its production value in energy savings and make a full-fledged Group-wide effort to introduce energy-saving air conditioners and other energy-efficient products in each business site. The company also plans to gradually introduce and promote photovoltaic generation systems.
A large part of the environmental program is the promotion of recycling efforts. Mitsubishi says it will reduce the total amount of materials it uses in its business operations by 30 percent. The company will make use of reusable products through enforcement of its lease and rental operations as well as its maintenance business. The company aims to recycle 100 percent of the plastic brought to home appliance recycling plants.
In cooperation with other companies that handle recycling, Mitsubishi says it will create a system to avoid direct burial of waste.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland