Lenovo Delivers First EPEAT Gold Monitor
“With the first PC monitor rated EPEAT Gold, Lenovo has achieved a milestone in the greening of the electronics industry,” said Jeff Omelchuck, executive director, Green Electronics Council. “The EPEAT system helps purchasers evaluate, compare and select PC products based on their environmental attributes. By developing a monitor that achieves EPEAT’s Gold ranking Lenovo is demonstrating its commitment to providing purchasers with high quality, environmentally responsible products.”
Lenovo now offers a complete EPEAT Gold rated solution by pairing the ThinkCentre A61e desktop with the ThinkVision L193p monitor.
EPEAT evaluates products based on 51 environmental criteria in the areas of reduction/elimination of environmentally sensitive materials, design for end of life, product longevity/lifecycle extension, energy conservation, end of life management, packaging and corporate performance.
The monitor is the first product in the EPEAT registry to use more than 25 percent post-consumer recycled content in its plastic parts.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform