Tibs Matches Employee’s Green Power Purchases
Engineering and systems integration firm Tibs, a division of M.C. Dean Inc., has launched a Green Energy Employee Matching Program to encourage its Georgia-based employees to participate in Georgia Power’s Green Energy initiative.
“Tibs is the first company we know to encourage its employees to go green by providing a green energy matching program,” said Mark Tibbetts, Tibs president and general manager. “Under our GEEMP initiative, we are offering each of our 150 employees a 100% company match to their commitments to use green energy, thus doubling the contribution to the Georgia Power program in their names.”
Georgia Power’s green energy is sold in 100 kilowatt hour blocks at $4.50 per block to residential customers with a 12 month commitment. The GEEMP offered by Tibs matches up to two blocks per employee.
“Neither Tibs nor M.C. Dean, Inc. has a copyright on GEEMP,” said Tibbetts. “We challenge other businesses to do the same.”
Energy Manager News
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales