Tibs Matches Employee’s Green Power Purchases
Engineering and systems integration firm Tibs, a division of M.C. Dean Inc., has launched a Green Energy Employee Matching Program to encourage its Georgia-based employees to participate in Georgia Power’s Green Energy initiative.
“Tibs is the first company we know to encourage its employees to go green by providing a green energy matching program,” said Mark Tibbetts, Tibs president and general manager. “Under our GEEMP initiative, we are offering each of our 150 employees a 100% company match to their commitments to use green energy, thus doubling the contribution to the Georgia Power program in their names.”
Georgia Power’s green energy is sold in 100 kilowatt hour blocks at $4.50 per block to residential customers with a 12 month commitment. The GEEMP offered by Tibs matches up to two blocks per employee.
“Neither Tibs nor M.C. Dean, Inc. has a copyright on GEEMP,” said Tibbetts. “We challenge other businesses to do the same.”
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018