Tibs Matches Employee’s Green Power Purchases
Engineering and systems integration firm Tibs, a division of M.C. Dean Inc., has launched a Green Energy Employee Matching Program to encourage its Georgia-based employees to participate in Georgia Power’s Green Energy initiative.
“Tibs is the first company we know to encourage its employees to go green by providing a green energy matching program,” said Mark Tibbetts, Tibs president and general manager. “Under our GEEMP initiative, we are offering each of our 150 employees a 100% company match to their commitments to use green energy, thus doubling the contribution to the Georgia Power program in their names.”
Georgia Power’s green energy is sold in 100 kilowatt hour blocks at $4.50 per block to residential customers with a 12 month commitment. The GEEMP offered by Tibs matches up to two blocks per employee.
“Neither Tibs nor M.C. Dean, Inc. has a copyright on GEEMP,” said Tibbetts. “We challenge other businesses to do the same.”
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses