AccountAbility’s Carbon Footprint Up 25%
The organization reports that its carbon footprint is Five tonnes per person, an increase of 25 percent from last year – mostly from air travel. Total emissions during the year were 142 tonnes, which AccountAbility says is higher than some comparable organizations.
“As part of our commitment to addressing our environmental impacts we now source renewable electricity from EDF energy and are planning to invest in new energy efficient lighting fixtures, and carbon offsetting through the Climate Care scheme,” the report states. “We will measure and manage our travel (including the carbon footprint of events we organise, for the first time), electricity use, paper use (including publications as well as stationary), recycling efforts, and water use on an ongoing basis.”
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform