Agilent Installing Solar Power System
Sunpower will install its SunPower Tracker, which follows the sun’s movement throughout the day. The system is expected to generate an estimated 1.8 million kilowatt-hours per year, offsetting more than 33 million pounds of carbon dioxide over the next 30 years.
This is equivalent to planting more than 4,700 acres of trees or removing 3,300 cars from California’s roadways, SunPower said.
Agilent will purchase solar-generated electricity for a period of 20 years. At the end of the term, Agilent will have the option to renew the agreement, transfer the equipment to a new site, or buy the system.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management