Brewer Adds Wind Turbine
The Outer Banks Brewing Station in North Carolina’s Outer Banks region is installing a wind turbine, The Virginian Pilot reports (via Alternative Energy).
The restaurant has been trying for over five years to get permission for a turbine. It received approval from the town’s planning board in 2002, only to have the Board of Commissioners reject the request. The restaurant owners lobbied anew this year, pointing to a 70-foot-tall windmill at the nearby Coquina Beach bathhouse on National Park Service land and wind turbine ordinances in neighboring counties as evidence of the energy solution’s viability.
The new turbine is scheduled to be in place by spring 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike