Brewer Adds Wind Turbine
The Outer Banks Brewing Station in North Carolina’s Outer Banks region is installing a wind turbine, The Virginian Pilot reports (via Alternative Energy).
The restaurant has been trying for over five years to get permission for a turbine. It received approval from the town’s planning board in 2002, only to have the Board of Commissioners reject the request. The restaurant owners lobbied anew this year, pointing to a 70-foot-tall windmill at the nearby Coquina Beach bathhouse on National Park Service land and wind turbine ordinances in neighboring counties as evidence of the energy solution’s viability.
The new turbine is scheduled to be in place by spring 2008.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight