Brewer Adds Wind Turbine
The Outer Banks Brewing Station in North Carolina’s Outer Banks region is installing a wind turbine, The Virginian Pilot reports (via Alternative Energy).
The restaurant has been trying for over five years to get permission for a turbine. It received approval from the town’s planning board in 2002, only to have the Board of Commissioners reject the request. The restaurant owners lobbied anew this year, pointing to a 70-foot-tall windmill at the nearby Coquina Beach bathhouse on National Park Service land and wind turbine ordinances in neighboring counties as evidence of the energy solution’s viability.
The new turbine is scheduled to be in place by spring 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program