Brewer Adds Wind Turbine
The Outer Banks Brewing Station in North Carolina’s Outer Banks region is installing a wind turbine, The Virginian Pilot reports (via Alternative Energy).
The restaurant has been trying for over five years to get permission for a turbine. It received approval from the town’s planning board in 2002, only to have the Board of Commissioners reject the request. The restaurant owners lobbied anew this year, pointing to a 70-foot-tall windmill at the nearby Coquina Beach bathhouse on National Park Service land and wind turbine ordinances in neighboring counties as evidence of the energy solution’s viability.
The new turbine is scheduled to be in place by spring 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier