NYC Considers Making Stores Recycle Plastic Bags
The legislation would require that any store in New York City that uses plastic bags and occupies 5,000 or more square feet to establish an in-store recycling program for its own bags as well as those from other stores.
The bags that these stores give out would be required to have “PLEASE RETURN THIS BAG TO A PARTICIPATING STORE FOR RECYCLING” printed on them in 3-inch-high letters.
This is just the latest in a long line of plastic bag news, including bans from various stores and cities.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market