PG&E Purchases 150MW Of Wind Power From enXco
Pacific Gas and Electric has signed a long-term power purchase agreement with enXco for 150 megawatts of renewable wind energy from the company’s Shiloh II project. The project will deliver approximately 509 GWh of wind energy per year to PG&E’s customers in northern and central California. With this contract, the company now has 1,061 MW of wind energy under contract or delivered.
Located in Solano County, California, Shiloh II will be developed, constructed and operated by enXco, an affiliate of EdF Energies Nouvelles. Shiloh II will begin delivering renewable energy in December 2008.
PG&E currently supplies 12 percent of its energy from qualifying renewable sources under California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard program. On average, more than 50 percent of the energy PG&E delivers to its customers comes from generating sources that emit no carbon dioxide.
PG&E currently has contracts to provide 18 percent of its future energy supply from renewable sources and has recently signed several other renewable energy agreements including: a 553 MW solar thermal project with Solel-MSP-1, an 85 MW wind project with PPM Energy, 7 MW of utility-scale solar projects with Cleantech America and GreenVolts, and a 25.5 MW contract with Western GeoPower, Inc. for a new geothermal energy facility in Sonoma County, California. PG&E is seeking regulatory approval of these six renewable energy contracts.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland