Mercedes Launches Sustainability Campaign
Mercedes-Benz has launched an international advertising campaign that focuses on sustainability.
The first print ads will feature the E 300 BLUETEC to be launched in Germany in December 2007. Four different print ads will be placed in all large-circulation magazines in Germany, running in parallel with a TV commercial and an online campaign.
The sustainability campaign will then be extended in mid-2008 to include additional vehicles and developments related to Mercedes-Benz’ activities which are combined under the heading TrueBlueSolutions.
“In our marketing campaign on sustainability we promote innovative technologies for environmentally sound mobility such as the BLUETEC emission treatment system, which Mercedes-Benz offers to its customers as the world’s cleanest diesel,” says Dr. Klaus Maier, executive VP Mercedes-Benz Cars, responsible for Sales and Marketing. “Regarding the mobility of the future, we at Mercedes-Benz think in a holistic manner and therefore examine the complete value chain, which means a focus on creating a sustainable foundation for all development, production, and service activities. All of these activities will be combined under the ‘?TrueBlueSolutions’ heading.”
The brand’s communication activities – such as the first series of ads for the E 300 BLUETEC – will feature the color blue as a metaphor for clean air. For the E 300 BLUETEC television commercial, Mercedes-Benz uses a children’s song that contains the word blue as a type of hymn for BLUETEC technology.
The sustainability campaign was developed in co-operation with Mercedes-Benz’ lead agency, Jung von Matt.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend