Microsoft Launches Green News Site
Microsoft has launched MSN Green, an environmental news site aimed at consumers.
MSNBC, The Daily Green, Conservation International, Environmental Defense, Grist, TreeHugger and StopGlobalWarming are supporting partners.
MSN says that the success of Live Earth was part of the impetus for the site. Liveearth.msn.com generated more than 15 million streams the day of the concerts and surpassing the number of people who watched the event on TV.
Today’s news includes a story on the disappearing bees, one covering whether climate change is affecting the color of foliage, and another on how many trees are used to make baseball bats.
Yahoo launched a green site in May.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE