Microsoft Launches Green News Site
Microsoft has launched MSN Green, an environmental news site aimed at consumers.
MSNBC, The Daily Green, Conservation International, Environmental Defense, Grist, TreeHugger and StopGlobalWarming are supporting partners.
MSN says that the success of Live Earth was part of the impetus for the site. Liveearth.msn.com generated more than 15 million streams the day of the concerts and surpassing the number of people who watched the event on TV.
Today’s news includes a story on the disappearing bees, one covering whether climate change is affecting the color of foliage, and another on how many trees are used to make baseball bats.
Yahoo launched a green site in May.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling