Microsoft Launches Green News Site
Microsoft has launched MSN Green, an environmental news site aimed at consumers.
MSNBC, The Daily Green, Conservation International, Environmental Defense, Grist, TreeHugger and StopGlobalWarming are supporting partners.
MSN says that the success of Live Earth was part of the impetus for the site. Liveearth.msn.com generated more than 15 million streams the day of the concerts and surpassing the number of people who watched the event on TV.
Today’s news includes a story on the disappearing bees, one covering whether climate change is affecting the color of foliage, and another on how many trees are used to make baseball bats.
Yahoo launched a green site in May.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store