Digital Realty Trust Data Center First To Earn LEED Gold Certification
Digital Realty Trust has received the data center industry’s first LEED Gold Certification for a Build-to-Suit data center for a Fortune Global 500 company located in Digital Realty Trust’s 350 East Cermak Road facility in Chicago. The data center features 20,000 square feet of raised-floor space with 4,000 kW of available IT load.
“We initiated this LEED certification more than 12 months ago – well before other data center companies started their certification processes – and our continued efforts in this area will keep us on the forefront of green data center initiatives in the industry,” said Jim Smith, Vice President of Engineering at Digital Realty Trust.
Smith added, “This project shatters the myth that LEED certification can only be achieved within newer facilities. The initial phase of the 350 E. Cermak Road facility was originally constructed in 1917 as the R.R. Donnelly printing plant facility. Digital Realty Trust prides itself as a leader in these green data center initiatives, and this leadership is evidenced by our innovative approaches in both new and existing facilities.”
The company joined the Green Grid in May.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management