Digital Realty Trust Data Center First To Earn LEED Gold Certification
Digital Realty Trust has received the data center industry’s first LEED Gold Certification for a Build-to-Suit data center for a Fortune Global 500 company located in Digital Realty Trust’s 350 East Cermak Road facility in Chicago. The data center features 20,000 square feet of raised-floor space with 4,000 kW of available IT load.
“We initiated this LEED certification more than 12 months ago – well before other data center companies started their certification processes – and our continued efforts in this area will keep us on the forefront of green data center initiatives in the industry,” said Jim Smith, Vice President of Engineering at Digital Realty Trust.
Smith added, “This project shatters the myth that LEED certification can only be achieved within newer facilities. The initial phase of the 350 E. Cermak Road facility was originally constructed in 1917 as the R.R. Donnelly printing plant facility. Digital Realty Trust prides itself as a leader in these green data center initiatives, and this leadership is evidenced by our innovative approaches in both new and existing facilities.”
The company joined the Green Grid in May.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls