Digital Realty Trust Data Center First To Earn LEED Gold Certification
Digital Realty Trust has received the data center industry’s first LEED Gold Certification for a Build-to-Suit data center for a Fortune Global 500 company located in Digital Realty Trust’s 350 East Cermak Road facility in Chicago. The data center features 20,000 square feet of raised-floor space with 4,000 kW of available IT load.
“We initiated this LEED certification more than 12 months ago – well before other data center companies started their certification processes – and our continued efforts in this area will keep us on the forefront of green data center initiatives in the industry,” said Jim Smith, Vice President of Engineering at Digital Realty Trust.
Smith added, “This project shatters the myth that LEED certification can only be achieved within newer facilities. The initial phase of the 350 E. Cermak Road facility was originally constructed in 1917 as the R.R. Donnelly printing plant facility. Digital Realty Trust prides itself as a leader in these green data center initiatives, and this leadership is evidenced by our innovative approaches in both new and existing facilities.”
The company joined the Green Grid in May.
Energy Manager News
- Featured Project of the Year: Atlas Box Deploys Digital Lumens for Energy Intelligence
- Businesses Find that It’s Possible to Save Money–and the Environment
- Duquesne Light Building Experimental Microgrid
- Las Cruces Moving to LEDs, Solar
- Intelligence and Automation to Drive Growth of Smart Cities
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds