Michelin’s Green Meter Lights Up NYC, Berlin, Paris & Shanghai
Michelin is running an outdoor campaign that projects “green meters” touting the fuel efficiency of its tires near landmarks in Berlin, New York City, Paris and Shanghai.
Featuring the Michelin Man, the meters are projected on the facade of the Park Inn Hotel in Berlin; on the NASDAQ and Reuters boards in Times Square, New York City; in the Port de Suffren at the foot of the Eiffel Tower in Paris; and on the City Group Mansion tower, across from the Bund, in Shanghai.
The campaign illustrates Michelin’s message that 570 million “Michelin green energy saving tires” sold worldwide over the past 15 years have reduced fuel consumption by an estimated 2.38 billion gallons, resulting in a reduction of CO2 emissions of 25 million tons. These figures are displayed on the meters.
The campaign has a companion Website here.
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy