Xerox Bundles GreenPrint Software With Printers
Xerox is bundling GreenPrint software with Xerox’s Phaser 8560 and Phaser 8860 solid ink color printers.
GreenPrint software analyzes each page of every document sent to the printer and looks for waste characteristics (e.g. pages with just a URL, banner ad, logo, or legal jargon) and then highlights and removes them. GreenPrint also allows users to remove images from a page before printing, resulting in significant savings in ink or toner. GreenPrint says its software saves the average user over $90 and 1,400 wasted pages per year.
Xerox says its solid ink printers produce 90 percent less waste than a typical color laser printer.
“We see bundling our software with Xerox solid ink printers as an ideal fit in a lot of ways,” said GreenPrint CEO Hayden Hamilton. “The solid ink printers have been designed to eliminate the waste associated with toner cartridges, bringing annual waste related to packaging and cartridges down from 157 pounds to 5 pounds per printer. With the inclusion of GreenPrint, their solid ink users can eliminate unnecessary printed pages, reducing the waste and cost associated with printing by an additional 15-20 percent across the board.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend