Xerox Bundles GreenPrint Software With Printers
Xerox is bundling GreenPrint software with Xerox’s Phaser 8560 and Phaser 8860 solid ink color printers.
GreenPrint software analyzes each page of every document sent to the printer and looks for waste characteristics (e.g. pages with just a URL, banner ad, logo, or legal jargon) and then highlights and removes them. GreenPrint also allows users to remove images from a page before printing, resulting in significant savings in ink or toner. GreenPrint says its software saves the average user over $90 and 1,400 wasted pages per year.
Xerox says its solid ink printers produce 90 percent less waste than a typical color laser printer.
“We see bundling our software with Xerox solid ink printers as an ideal fit in a lot of ways,” said GreenPrint CEO Hayden Hamilton. “The solid ink printers have been designed to eliminate the waste associated with toner cartridges, bringing annual waste related to packaging and cartridges down from 157 pounds to 5 pounds per printer. With the inclusion of GreenPrint, their solid ink users can eliminate unnecessary printed pages, reducing the waste and cost associated with printing by an additional 15-20 percent across the board.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland