Xerox Bundles GreenPrint Software With Printers
Xerox is bundling GreenPrint software with Xerox’s Phaser 8560 and Phaser 8860 solid ink color printers.
GreenPrint software analyzes each page of every document sent to the printer and looks for waste characteristics (e.g. pages with just a URL, banner ad, logo, or legal jargon) and then highlights and removes them. GreenPrint also allows users to remove images from a page before printing, resulting in significant savings in ink or toner. GreenPrint says its software saves the average user over $90 and 1,400 wasted pages per year.
Xerox says its solid ink printers produce 90 percent less waste than a typical color laser printer.
“We see bundling our software with Xerox solid ink printers as an ideal fit in a lot of ways,” said GreenPrint CEO Hayden Hamilton. “The solid ink printers have been designed to eliminate the waste associated with toner cartridges, bringing annual waste related to packaging and cartridges down from 157 pounds to 5 pounds per printer. With the inclusion of GreenPrint, their solid ink users can eliminate unnecessary printed pages, reducing the waste and cost associated with printing by an additional 15-20 percent across the board.”
Energy Manager News
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge