Carbon Offset Quality Initiative Launched
Six non-profits involved in greenhouse gas reduction policy have announced the formation of the Offset Quality Initiative.
Members include The Climate Trust, California Climate Action Registry, Environmental Resources Trust, Greenhouse Gas Experts Network, Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and The Climate Group.
The OQI says it will develop and promote consensus policy positions on how to include greenhouse gas offsets in current and future state, regional and national climate change policy.
Topics the group plans to address include: key criteria of high quality greenhouse gas offsets, the interaction of voluntary and regulatory greenhouse gas reduction markets, opportunities and challenges presented by various offset project types, and recommended roles for offsets in emerging climate change policy.
“As policy makers begin to design future climate legislation it will be important to have an authoritative source of information regarding effective, high quality greenhouse gas offsets,” said Janet Peace, Senior Research Fellow at the Pew Center on Global Climate Change. “The Pew Center is pleased to be a founding member of this important effort.”
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016