LG To Launch Energy Consulting Business
LG Electronics plans to expand into the energy solution business. Through the move, LG expects to reach sales of $7 billion by 2010.
Starting next year, LG plans to begin the energy consultancy, which will be customized to help different customers develop their own eco-friendly management. LG says it will work with customers through the entire process of establishing an energy system for public buildings, from suggestion to planning, ordering, operational supervision and maintenance of the energy system.
In addition, LG will reinforce its research and development capabilities by collaborating with other companies and academic institutions, and will increase the number of sales personnel specialized in engineering and research and development personnel by 40 and 70 percent, respectively.
The company also expects its proportion of sales of commercial air conditioners will increase from 30 percent of its total air conditioner sales to 50 percent by 2010.
LG was recently recognized for excellence in its packaging waste management by Packaging Magazine’s Packaging Evolution Awards.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management