Target Brand Sports Green-e & FSC Mixed Source Logos
Target Stores Archer Farms brand is using the Green-e certified label and new paperboard packaging certified by the Forest Stewardship Council, Sustainable Is Good reports.
The Green-e logo and the FSC Mixed Source logo appear on Archer Farms Organic Petite Cookies. Other products from the organic line do not seem to be part of the program.
FSC/Green-e certified packaging on a store brand product is rare, according to Sustainable Is Good, and could signify an increased interest from Target in more sustainable packaging. In August, iPod carrying cases in
the consumer electronics department at Target stores began to be sold in cardboard packaging instead of the usual plastic
SunChips, Frito-Lay’s brand of multigrain snacks, recently began carrying the Green-e logo.
Energy Manager News
- The Benefits of Continuous Insulation
- Humber College Gets Big Energy Research Funding Infusion
- Walk-In Cooler and Freezer Final Rule Released by DoE
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 26, 2016
- FirstEnergy Asks for $4.5 Billion to Stay in Ohio
- PNM Chafes at Delays, Seeks NMPRC Ruling in 2015 Rate Case
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant