Target Brand Sports Green-e & FSC Mixed Source Logos
Target Stores Archer Farms brand is using the Green-e certified label and new paperboard packaging certified by the Forest Stewardship Council, Sustainable Is Good reports.
The Green-e logo and the FSC Mixed Source logo appear on Archer Farms Organic Petite Cookies. Other products from the organic line do not seem to be part of the program.
FSC/Green-e certified packaging on a store brand product is rare, according to Sustainable Is Good, and could signify an increased interest from Target in more sustainable packaging. In August, iPod carrying cases in
the consumer electronics department at Target stores began to be sold in cardboard packaging instead of the usual plastic
SunChips, Frito-Lay’s brand of multigrain snacks, recently began carrying the Green-e logo.
Energy Manager News
- Dynegy Files to Move Illinois Into ‘Single, Competitive Power Market’
- IRRC Jettisons Pennsylvania PUC’s Controversial Cap on Net Metering
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT