Target Brand Sports Green-e & FSC Mixed Source Logos
Target Stores Archer Farms brand is using the Green-e certified label and new paperboard packaging certified by the Forest Stewardship Council, Sustainable Is Good reports.
The Green-e logo and the FSC Mixed Source logo appear on Archer Farms Organic Petite Cookies. Other products from the organic line do not seem to be part of the program.
FSC/Green-e certified packaging on a store brand product is rare, according to Sustainable Is Good, and could signify an increased interest from Target in more sustainable packaging. In August, iPod carrying cases in
the consumer electronics department at Target stores began to be sold in cardboard packaging instead of the usual plastic
SunChips, Frito-Lay’s brand of multigrain snacks, recently began carrying the Green-e logo.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency