Target Brand Sports Green-e & FSC Mixed Source Logos
Target Stores Archer Farms brand is using the Green-e certified label and new paperboard packaging certified by the Forest Stewardship Council, Sustainable Is Good reports.
The Green-e logo and the FSC Mixed Source logo appear on Archer Farms Organic Petite Cookies. Other products from the organic line do not seem to be part of the program.
FSC/Green-e certified packaging on a store brand product is rare, according to Sustainable Is Good, and could signify an increased interest from Target in more sustainable packaging. In August, iPod carrying cases in
the consumer electronics department at Target stores began to be sold in cardboard packaging instead of the usual plastic
SunChips, Frito-Lay’s brand of multigrain snacks, recently began carrying the Green-e logo.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B