Target Brand Sports Green-e & FSC Mixed Source Logos
Target Stores Archer Farms brand is using the Green-e certified label and new paperboard packaging certified by the Forest Stewardship Council, Sustainable Is Good reports.
The Green-e logo and the FSC Mixed Source logo appear on Archer Farms Organic Petite Cookies. Other products from the organic line do not seem to be part of the program.
FSC/Green-e certified packaging on a store brand product is rare, according to Sustainable Is Good, and could signify an increased interest from Target in more sustainable packaging. In August, iPod carrying cases in
the consumer electronics department at Target stores began to be sold in cardboard packaging instead of the usual plastic
SunChips, Frito-Lay’s brand of multigrain snacks, recently began carrying the Green-e logo.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling