Bausch & Lomb Greens Fleet
In early 2007, Bausch & Lomb, which runs a 400-vehicle fleet, began deploying Chevy Impala, Uplander, and Express van flex-fuel vehicles, which run on E-85, and Saturn VUE Hybrids. In the 2007 model-year, the company deployed 12 Saturn VUE Hybrids in large cities, such as Los Angeles, Atlanta, and New York as part of a pilot program, Automotive Fleet Magazine reports.
Driven by the company’s U.S. Commercial Sales Organization, alt-fuel and hybrid vehicles are targeted for replacement after 36 months. “We’ll conduct ongoing analysis to determine a best practice for replacement,” said Mark Dennis, who manages Bausch & Lomb’s fleet operations.
Future fleet strategy is targeted at deploying smaller four-cylinder models and additional hybrids across the U.S. and Canada during normal replacement schedules.
Plans are in place to deploy additional Saturn Aura and Chevy Malibu Hybrids later this year and into 2008.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B