Bausch & Lomb Greens Fleet
In early 2007, Bausch & Lomb, which runs a 400-vehicle fleet, began deploying Chevy Impala, Uplander, and Express van flex-fuel vehicles, which run on E-85, and Saturn VUE Hybrids. In the 2007 model-year, the company deployed 12 Saturn VUE Hybrids in large cities, such as Los Angeles, Atlanta, and New York as part of a pilot program, Automotive Fleet Magazine reports.
Driven by the company’s U.S. Commercial Sales Organization, alt-fuel and hybrid vehicles are targeted for replacement after 36 months. “We’ll conduct ongoing analysis to determine a best practice for replacement,” said Mark Dennis, who manages Bausch & Lomb’s fleet operations.
Future fleet strategy is targeted at deploying smaller four-cylinder models and additional hybrids across the U.S. and Canada during normal replacement schedules.
Plans are in place to deploy additional Saturn Aura and Chevy Malibu Hybrids later this year and into 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array
- California is Among the National Leaders in Energy Efficiency and Economic Gains
- Westerly, RI, Making Moves to Improve Municipal Efficiency