UK Climate Change Bill Will Cut Emissions 60%
Prime Minister Gordon Brown has committed the UK to reducing carbon dioxide emissions by 60 percent before 2050, the BBC reports.
The Climate Change Bill will make the UK the first country to put carbon emissions reduction targets into law.
An independent committee on climate change will be set up to advise on “five-year carbon budgets.”
The bill will enforce reductions of greenhouse gas emissions of between 26 percent and 32 percent by 2020.
Green campaigners have urged the government to go further by setting yearly targets, raising reductions to 80 percent by the middle of the century, and including international aviation and shipping.
Energy Manager News
- Six Critical Tips to Transform Your Organization’s Energy Management
- Supreme Court to Review Demand Response Decision
- Dartmouth Upgrades Field House Lighting with Digital Lumens
- Tesla Needs More Partnerships for Powerwall Success, Says Lux
- College Installs 2.5 MW of Solar
- Gexpro, Geli, Ideal Power, LG Chem Join for Battery Energy Storage
- LEDs Facilitate Retail Shopping Applications
- The Hidden Pitfalls of Natural Gas Cost Savings