Chicago Public Schools Enlists TAC For $17 Million Energy Efficiency Project
TAC guarantees that CPS will reduce utility costs by $1.25 million annually when the project is completed in 2009.
TAC is delivering this project through performance contracting. Performance contracting projects are funded in a variety of ways, including general obligation bond funds, maintenance reserve funds, and financing secured against guaranteed energy savings. TAC guarantees the amount of savings the projects will achieve and agrees to pay the difference if that amount is not realized.
CPS serves more than 410,000 students from a 20-story building with 503,000 square feet of space in downtown Chicago.
At the administration building, TAC will apply a variety of energy conservation measures that include modifying the chilled water system by installing an on-site chiller plant for the building, a new building management system, new windows, and new light fixtures.
TAC is a member of the Clinton Climate Initiative.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- âBetter Buildings, Better Plantsâ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV