Chicago Public Schools Enlists TAC For $17 Million Energy Efficiency Project
TAC guarantees that CPS will reduce utility costs by $1.25 million annually when the project is completed in 2009.
TAC is delivering this project through performance contracting. Performance contracting projects are funded in a variety of ways, including general obligation bond funds, maintenance reserve funds, and financing secured against guaranteed energy savings. TAC guarantees the amount of savings the projects will achieve and agrees to pay the difference if that amount is not realized.
CPS serves more than 410,000 students from a 20-story building with 503,000 square feet of space in downtown Chicago.
At the administration building, TAC will apply a variety of energy conservation measures that include modifying the chilled water system by installing an on-site chiller plant for the building, a new building management system, new windows, and new light fixtures.
TAC is a member of the Clinton Climate Initiative.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend