Kohl’s To Pursue LEED Certification On 80+ Stores
The certifications are being pursued through the U.S. Green Building Council Portfolio Program and will appear in 28 states nationwide. LEED-certified stores will begin opening in fall 2008 and continue through 2009.
As of September 2006, there were only 25 LEED-certified retail locations nationwide; with Kohl’s program alone, that number will quadruple. The company was one of 17 organizations nationwide recognized last month by the EPA with a Green Power Leadership Award.
Some green features Kohl’s plans to include are low-flow toilets, high-efficiency heating and cooling systems and recycled and locally obtained building materials.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016