Developer Plans $450 Million Green Hotel With Solar Facade
The 40-story hotel, which has not been named, would be the tallest in the state outside of New York City and would be powered partly with electricity generated by its solar panel windows and by hydroelectric turbines using rainwater collected on its roof.
Construction will begin no later than Aug. 1, 2009 and will take 18 months.
The complex will be part of the existing Carousel Center shopping mall.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV