Developer Plans $450 Million Green Hotel With Solar Facade
The 40-story hotel, which has not been named, would be the tallest in the state outside of New York City and would be powered partly with electricity generated by its solar panel windows and by hydroelectric turbines using rainwater collected on its roof.
Construction will begin no later than Aug. 1, 2009 and will take 18 months.
The complex will be part of the existing Carousel Center shopping mall.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs