Developer Plans $450 Million Green Hotel With Solar Facade
The 40-story hotel, which has not been named, would be the tallest in the state outside of New York City and would be powered partly with electricity generated by its solar panel windows and by hydroelectric turbines using rainwater collected on its roof.
Construction will begin no later than Aug. 1, 2009 and will take 18 months.
The complex will be part of the existing Carousel Center shopping mall.
Energy Manager News
- 5 Reasons Clean Energy Investments Beat Expectations
- East Coast Cities are Top 3 Most Energy Efficient
- Tri-Generation System Generates Heat, Power, Hydrogen
- Lennox Expands Commercial Packaged Rooftop Units
- US Representative Wants to Extend Tax Credits for Clean Energy
- Eaton Hired at Fort Campbell
- Schneider Software Prevents Overcooling in Data Centers
- HVAC Brain Carries Siemens Commercial Room Thermostat