Developer Plans $450 Million Green Hotel With Solar Facade
The 40-story hotel, which has not been named, would be the tallest in the state outside of New York City and would be powered partly with electricity generated by its solar panel windows and by hydroelectric turbines using rainwater collected on its roof.
Construction will begin no later than Aug. 1, 2009 and will take 18 months.
The complex will be part of the existing Carousel Center shopping mall.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works