Developer Plans $450 Million Green Hotel With Solar Facade
The 40-story hotel, which has not been named, would be the tallest in the state outside of New York City and would be powered partly with electricity generated by its solar panel windows and by hydroelectric turbines using rainwater collected on its roof.
Construction will begin no later than Aug. 1, 2009 and will take 18 months.
The complex will be part of the existing Carousel Center shopping mall.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike