Diamond Launches Green Packaging Initiative
Diamond Packaging has launched a sustainable packaging initiative, dubbed the “Diamond greenbox initiative,” that seems to play directly to suppliers facing Wal-Mart’s Packaging Scorecard. The company has launched a microsite to promote the new offering.
Diamond’s design process incorporates Wal-Mart’s Package Modeling software and ArtiosCAD for structural design.
Diamond isn’t the first company to market packaging as a answer to Wal-Mart’s initiative. J&J Packaging is promoting SusSTANDable in the same way.
“Wal-Mart’s Packaging Scorecard tool has helped put the concept of sustainable packaging in the forefront of many companies’ and consumers’ minds, and thus has been a key driver in trying to understand what sustainability truly is,” says Dennis Bacchetta, Director of Marketing. “Several accounts have requested information on our experience with the Scorecard tool, and on our efforts to design more eco-friendly packaging.”
Diamond says it’s also addressing sustainability throughout the manufacturing process by incorporating recycling, process improvements, energy efficiency, and resource recovery and waste management at the plant level.
Energy Manager News
- Pardeeville Hikes Homeowner Costs, Offers Large Customers TOD Rates
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division