Diamond Launches Green Packaging Initiative
Diamond Packaging has launched a sustainable packaging initiative, dubbed the “Diamond greenbox initiative,” that seems to play directly to suppliers facing Wal-Mart’s Packaging Scorecard. The company has launched a microsite to promote the new offering.
Diamond’s design process incorporates Wal-Mart’s Package Modeling software and ArtiosCAD for structural design.
Diamond isn’t the first company to market packaging as a answer to Wal-Mart’s initiative. J&J Packaging is promoting SusSTANDable in the same way.
“Wal-Mart’s Packaging Scorecard tool has helped put the concept of sustainable packaging in the forefront of many companies’ and consumers’ minds, and thus has been a key driver in trying to understand what sustainability truly is,” says Dennis Bacchetta, Director of Marketing. “Several accounts have requested information on our experience with the Scorecard tool, and on our efforts to design more eco-friendly packaging.”
Diamond says it’s also addressing sustainability throughout the manufacturing process by incorporating recycling, process improvements, energy efficiency, and resource recovery and waste management at the plant level.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment