AAMCO Launches Program To Green Its Service Centers
AAMCO Transmissions, which runs the world’s largest chain of transmission service centers, has introduced Eco-Green Auto Service Certification. U.S. AAMCO centers can be certified by making changes that help the environment.
The certification seeks to move AAMCO centers to a zero-waste operating model that recycles solid and liquid waste, uses recycled products wherever possible, and promotes energy efficiency.
For example, Eco-Green certified centers will recycle used oil for heating fuel, ensure waste water doesn’t enter sewer systems, install energy-efficient lighting and heating, use water-based alternatives to hazardous cleaning chemicals, and recycle used filters. The company will also promote alternative fuels, higher mileage oil and air filters and components, proper tire inflation, and new technologies that result in cleaner-burning vehicles.
AAMCO has also announced a partnership with Flex Fuel U.S. to install E-85 Flex-Fuel Smart-Box conversion kits at its centers nationwide. The conversions will initially be focused on fleet vehicles.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables