New England Patriots Buy Renewable Energy Certificates
Constellation NewEnergy, which has an existing power agreement to serve Gillette Stadium, reports that it will secure Wind RECs to match the stadium’s electricity use before, during and after all New England Patriots home games.
“The New England Patriots organization is committed to reducing our collective carbon footprint,” said Jonathan Kraft, President of the New England Patriots and The Kraft Group. “Building upon our already successful relationship with Constellation NewEnergy, we are asking them to help us meet our goal of matching each game with renewable energy.”
“Given the national prominence of the Patriots, this significant action sets a terrific example for other companies and businesses preparing to introduce renewable energy into their portfolio as part of an overall strategy to address climate change.”
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned