New England Patriots Buy Renewable Energy Certificates
Constellation NewEnergy, which has an existing power agreement to serve Gillette Stadium, reports that it will secure Wind RECs to match the stadium’s electricity use before, during and after all New England Patriots home games.
“The New England Patriots organization is committed to reducing our collective carbon footprint,” said Jonathan Kraft, President of the New England Patriots and The Kraft Group. “Building upon our already successful relationship with Constellation NewEnergy, we are asking them to help us meet our goal of matching each game with renewable energy.”
“Given the national prominence of the Patriots, this significant action sets a terrific example for other companies and businesses preparing to introduce renewable energy into their portfolio as part of an overall strategy to address climate change.”
Energy Manager News
- An Interesting Summer for PACE
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubs’ Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utility’s Bad Business Decisions – Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Apple’s Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures