Nixon Peabody Appoints Chief Sustainability Officer
Law firm Nixon Peabody has appointed a Chief Sustainability Officer. The firm says it is the first in the legal industry to establish such a position.
Carolyn Kaplan, an attorney in the firm’s energy and environmental practice with two decades of experience with environmental protection and renewable energy projects, will serve in the new role.
Kaplan co-chairs the firm’s Renewable Energy team and has assisted clients on a variety of renewable energy projects, including the siting of land-based and offshore wind facilities. Kaplan will workÂ with Nixon Peabody’s operations director to reduce the firm’s carbon footprint and implement internal green initiatives. Kaplan will continue her legal practice in energy, environmental, and land use law.
“Although many law firms have separate practices that occasionally serve sustainable clients’ needs, at Nixon Peabody, we combine our legal experience, thought leadership, and good citizenship to serve our clients as very few other law firms can,” said Harry P. Trueheart III, chairman and managing partner of Nixon Peabody. “With Carolyn serving as chief sustainability officer, we intend to take our firmwide green initiative to the next level.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses