Sony Unveils Eco Edition Vaio Notebook
Sony is trying to capitalize on green buying trends by launching a Graphic Splash Eco Edition range of notebooks, VNUNET reports.
The notebooks are part of Sony’s Vaio FZ line and are available in four designs: Caribbean Water, Clay Earth, Spotted Life and Bloom.
Sony has promised to donate one percent of the price of each notebook to non-profit organizations. The company is also offering rebates to consumers who trade in used PCs.
Sony was the “biggest loser” in a recent Greenpeace electronics report, penalized for double standards on their waste policies.
Eco-conscious features of the VAIO Graphic Splash Eco Edition, according to Notebooks.com include a slim design for minimum use of natural resources, easy-to-recycle materials, packaging comprised primarily of recyclable materials, RoHS compliant components, and free recycling of Sony branded products.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool