Sony Unveils Eco Edition Vaio Notebook
Sony is trying to capitalize on green buying trends by launching a Graphic Splash Eco Edition range of notebooks, VNUNET reports.
The notebooks are part of Sony’s Vaio FZ line and are available in four designs: Caribbean Water, Clay Earth, Spotted Life and Bloom.
Sony has promised to donate one percent of the price of each notebook to non-profit organizations. The company is also offering rebates to consumers who trade in used PCs.
Sony was the “biggest loser” in a recent Greenpeace electronics report, penalized for double standards on their waste policies.
Eco-conscious features of the VAIO Graphic Splash Eco Edition, according to Notebooks.com include a slim design for minimum use of natural resources, easy-to-recycle materials, packaging comprised primarily of recyclable materials, RoHS compliant components, and free recycling of Sony branded products.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case