Sony Unveils Eco Edition Vaio Notebook
Sony is trying to capitalize on green buying trends by launching a Graphic Splash Eco Edition range of notebooks, VNUNET reports.
The notebooks are part of Sony’s Vaio FZ line and are available in four designs: Caribbean Water, Clay Earth, Spotted Life and Bloom.
Sony has promised to donate one percent of the price of each notebook to non-profit organizations. The company is also offering rebates to consumers who trade in used PCs.
Sony was the “biggest loser” in a recent Greenpeace electronics report, penalized for double standards on their waste policies.
Eco-conscious features of the VAIO Graphic Splash Eco Edition, according to Notebooks.com include a slim design for minimum use of natural resources, easy-to-recycle materials, packaging comprised primarily of recyclable materials, RoHS compliant components, and free recycling of Sony branded products.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Renewable Energy Certificates: Bridge to a Renewable Future
- Have Federal Buildings Found All Possible Energy Efficiency?
- Plug Power Acquires Full Control of HyPulsion for $11.47M
- Trane Expands Lineup of Outdoor Air Handler Units
- Microturbine Converts Flare Gas to Useable Energy
- Light Commercial Packaged Units Earn SEER Rating of 14
- Convention Center Snags $60,000 from PECO for Energy Efficiency
- GE Reignites Energy Storage Business