Sony Unveils Eco Edition Vaio Notebook
Sony is trying to capitalize on green buying trends by launching a Graphic Splash Eco Edition range of notebooks, VNUNET reports.
The notebooks are part of Sony’s Vaio FZ line and are available in four designs: Caribbean Water, Clay Earth, Spotted Life and Bloom.
Sony has promised to donate one percent of the price of each notebook to non-profit organizations. The company is also offering rebates to consumers who trade in used PCs.
Sony was the “biggest loser” in a recent Greenpeace electronics report, penalized for double standards on their waste policies.
Eco-conscious features of the VAIO Graphic Splash Eco Edition, according to Notebooks.com include a slim design for minimum use of natural resources, easy-to-recycle materials, packaging comprised primarily of recyclable materials, RoHS compliant components, and free recycling of Sony branded products.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries