Sony Unveils Eco Edition Vaio Notebook
Sony is trying to capitalize on green buying trends by launching a Graphic Splash Eco Edition range of notebooks, VNUNET reports.
The notebooks are part of Sony’s Vaio FZ line and are available in four designs: Caribbean Water, Clay Earth, Spotted Life and Bloom.
Sony has promised to donate one percent of the price of each notebook to non-profit organizations. The company is also offering rebates to consumers who trade in used PCs.
Sony was the “biggest loser” in a recent Greenpeace electronics report, penalized for double standards on their waste policies.
Eco-conscious features of the VAIO Graphic Splash Eco Edition, according to Notebooks.com include a slim design for minimum use of natural resources, easy-to-recycle materials, packaging comprised primarily of recyclable materials, RoHS compliant components, and free recycling of Sony branded products.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations