Chevy Kicks Off Green Makeover
GM will use the Los Angeles Auto Show and a worldwide marketing campaign to prove it has the products and technological know-how to back up Chevy as an Earth-friendly brand, The Detroit News reports.
As part of the announcement, GM today will debut its gasoline-electric Chevrolet Silverado, the nation’s first hybrid pickup.
The marketing piece of the strategy will tout Chevrolet’s five “Fuel Solutions:” more efficient internal combustion engines; biofuels such as E85 ethanol; gas-electric hybrids; electrically driven vehicles; and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. The brand’s new tagline is “Chevrolet, from gas-friendly to gas-free.”
On the product side, GM plans to eventually offer a green version of virtually every Chevy model.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves