Chevy Kicks Off Green Makeover
GM will use the Los Angeles Auto Show and a worldwide marketing campaign to prove it has the products and technological know-how to back up Chevy as an Earth-friendly brand, The Detroit News reports.
As part of the announcement, GM today will debut its gasoline-electric Chevrolet Silverado, the nation’s first hybrid pickup.
The marketing piece of the strategy will tout Chevrolet’s five “Fuel Solutions:” more efficient internal combustion engines; biofuels such as E85 ethanol; gas-electric hybrids; electrically driven vehicles; and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. The brand’s new tagline is “Chevrolet, from gas-friendly to gas-free.”
On the product side, GM plans to eventually offer a green version of virtually every Chevy model.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend