Chevy Kicks Off Green Makeover
GM will use the Los Angeles Auto Show and a worldwide marketing campaign to prove it has the products and technological know-how to back up Chevy as an Earth-friendly brand, The Detroit News reports.
As part of the announcement, GM today will debut its gasoline-electric Chevrolet Silverado, the nation’s first hybrid pickup.
The marketing piece of the strategy will tout Chevrolet’s five “Fuel Solutions:” more efficient internal combustion engines; biofuels such as E85 ethanol; gas-electric hybrids; electrically driven vehicles; and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. The brand’s new tagline is “Chevrolet, from gas-friendly to gas-free.”
On the product side, GM plans to eventually offer a green version of virtually every Chevy model.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform