Chevy Kicks Off Green Makeover
GM will use the Los Angeles Auto Show and a worldwide marketing campaign to prove it has the products and technological know-how to back up Chevy as an Earth-friendly brand, The Detroit News reports.
As part of the announcement, GM today will debut its gasoline-electric Chevrolet Silverado, the nation’s first hybrid pickup.
The marketing piece of the strategy will tout Chevrolet’s five “Fuel Solutions:” more efficient internal combustion engines; biofuels such as E85 ethanol; gas-electric hybrids; electrically driven vehicles; and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. The brand’s new tagline is “Chevrolet, from gas-friendly to gas-free.”
On the product side, GM plans to eventually offer a green version of virtually every Chevy model.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures