Chevy Kicks Off Green Makeover
GM will use the Los Angeles Auto Show and a worldwide marketing campaign to prove it has the products and technological know-how to back up Chevy as an Earth-friendly brand, The Detroit News reports.
As part of the announcement, GM today will debut its gasoline-electric Chevrolet Silverado, the nation’s first hybrid pickup.
The marketing piece of the strategy will tout Chevrolet’s five “Fuel Solutions:” more efficient internal combustion engines; biofuels such as E85 ethanol; gas-electric hybrids; electrically driven vehicles; and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. The brand’s new tagline is “Chevrolet, from gas-friendly to gas-free.”
On the product side, GM plans to eventually offer a green version of virtually every Chevy model.
Energy Manager News
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales