McDonald’s Taps Into Geothermal
A McDonald’s restaurant in Pensacola, Florida is digging 55 holes, 350 feet deep to heat and cool the new restaurant with geothermal energy, Emerald Coast reports.
McDonald’s is evaluating the system as a corporate model.
Gulf Power Company is installing the system which will be monitored during the first year of operation to determine specifications for the most energy efficient system.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike