Corporate Express Covers Colorado Energy Needs With RECs
Corporate Express US, part of the Dutch-based Corporate Express NV, is purchasing renewable energy credits to cover 100% of the energy needs for its Colorado facilities, including its headquarters in Broomfield and Northglenn, customer service and distribution centers in Aurora, and breakpoint distribution facility in Colorado Springs. Corporate Express employs approximately 2,000 employees in Colorado.
“As a company, one of the largest contributors to our carbon footprint is our facilities,” said Jay Mutschler, President of Corporate Express US.
The RECs will cut approximately 6,000 metric tons of CO2 emmissions, according to the company, which says the RECs are the environmental equivalent of taking more than 1,300 cars off the road for one year or the electricity used by almost 800 households annually.
Corporate Express purchased renewable energy credits from 3Degrees.
Energy Manager News
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter