Corporate Express Covers Colorado Energy Needs With RECs
Corporate Express US, part of the Dutch-based Corporate Express NV, is purchasing renewable energy credits to cover 100% of the energy needs for its Colorado facilities, including its headquarters in Broomfield and Northglenn, customer service and distribution centers in Aurora, and breakpoint distribution facility in Colorado Springs. Corporate Express employs approximately 2,000 employees in Colorado.
“As a company, one of the largest contributors to our carbon footprint is our facilities,” said Jay Mutschler, President of Corporate Express US.
The RECs will cut approximately 6,000 metric tons of CO2 emmissions, according to the company, which says the RECs are the environmental equivalent of taking more than 1,300 cars off the road for one year or the electricity used by almost 800 households annually.
Corporate Express purchased renewable energy credits from 3Degrees.
Energy Manager News
- Six Critical Tips to Transform Your Organization’s Energy Management
- Supreme Court to Review Demand Response Decision
- Dartmouth Upgrades Field House Lighting with Digital Lumens
- Tesla Needs More Partnerships for Powerwall Success, Says Lux
- College Installs 2.5 MW of Solar
- Gexpro, Geli, Ideal Power, LG Chem Join for Battery Energy Storage
- LEDs Facilitate Retail Shopping Applications
- The Hidden Pitfalls of Natural Gas Cost Savings