Corporate Express Covers Colorado Energy Needs With RECs
Corporate Express US, part of the Dutch-based Corporate Express NV, is purchasing renewable energy credits to cover 100% of the energy needs for its Colorado facilities, including its headquarters in Broomfield and Northglenn, customer service and distribution centers in Aurora, and breakpoint distribution facility in Colorado Springs. Corporate Express employs approximately 2,000 employees in Colorado.
“As a company, one of the largest contributors to our carbon footprint is our facilities,” said Jay Mutschler, President of Corporate Express US.
The RECs will cut approximately 6,000 metric tons of CO2 emmissions, according to the company, which says the RECs are the environmental equivalent of taking more than 1,300 cars off the road for one year or the electricity used by almost 800 households annually.
Corporate Express purchased renewable energy credits from 3Degrees.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE