Corporate Express Covers Colorado Energy Needs With RECs
Corporate Express US, part of the Dutch-based Corporate Express NV, is purchasing renewable energy credits to cover 100% of the energy needs for its Colorado facilities, including its headquarters in Broomfield and Northglenn, customer service and distribution centers in Aurora, and breakpoint distribution facility in Colorado Springs. Corporate Express employs approximately 2,000 employees in Colorado.
“As a company, one of the largest contributors to our carbon footprint is our facilities,” said Jay Mutschler, President of Corporate Express US.
The RECs will cut approximately 6,000 metric tons of CO2 emmissions, according to the company, which says the RECs are the environmental equivalent of taking more than 1,300 cars off the road for one year or the electricity used by almost 800 households annually.
Corporate Express purchased renewable energy credits from 3Degrees.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland