Corporate Express Covers Colorado Energy Needs With RECs
Corporate Express US, part of the Dutch-based Corporate Express NV, is purchasing renewable energy credits to cover 100% of the energy needs for its Colorado facilities, including its headquarters in Broomfield and Northglenn, customer service and distribution centers in Aurora, and breakpoint distribution facility in Colorado Springs. Corporate Express employs approximately 2,000 employees in Colorado.
“As a company, one of the largest contributors to our carbon footprint is our facilities,” said Jay Mutschler, President of Corporate Express US.
The RECs will cut approximately 6,000 metric tons of CO2 emmissions, according to the company, which says the RECs are the environmental equivalent of taking more than 1,300 cars off the road for one year or the electricity used by almost 800 households annually.
Corporate Express purchased renewable energy credits from 3Degrees.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls