CARMA Tracks Emissions From 50,000 Power Plants
The Carbon Monitoring for Action database launched last week. CARMA says it is most detailed and comprehensive information on carbon emissions resulting from the production of electricity. It’s a product of the Confronting Climate Change Initiative at the Center for Global Development.
CARMA includes more than 50,000 power plants, 4,000 power companies, and nearly 200,000 geographic regions in every country on Earth. Users can view carbon emissions data for the year 2000, the present, and future plans. All data is updated quarterly to show changes in plant ownership and planned construction.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management