CARMA Tracks Emissions From 50,000 Power Plants
The Carbon Monitoring for Action database launched last week. CARMA says it is most detailed and comprehensive information on carbon emissions resulting from the production of electricity. It’s a product of the Confronting Climate Change Initiative at the Center for Global Development.
CARMA includes more than 50,000 power plants, 4,000 power companies, and nearly 200,000 geographic regions in every country on Earth. Users can view carbon emissions data for the year 2000, the present, and future plans. All data is updated quarterly to show changes in plant ownership and planned construction.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls