Samsung’s LCD Panels Go PVC Free
Samsung Electronics has announced that its LCD business is going PVC free.In Samsung’s LCD panels, PVC has been used in some parts such as lamp wire and return wire. The company is replacing the PVC with PE (Poly Ethylene) which Samsung says does not release dioxin.
The company says it began working on the initiative in April. In October, the PVC phase-out was completed in all LCD development products. All products are now planned to be PVC-free this month.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE