Samsung’s LCD Panels Go PVC Free
Samsung Electronics has announced that its LCD business is going PVC free.In Samsung’s LCD panels, PVC has been used in some parts such as lamp wire and return wire. The company is replacing the PVC with PE (Poly Ethylene) which Samsung says does not release dioxin.
The company says it began working on the initiative in April. In October, the PVC phase-out was completed in all LCD development products. All products are now planned to be PVC-free this month.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B