Samsung’s LCD Panels Go PVC Free
Samsung Electronics has announced that its LCD business is going PVC free.In Samsung’s LCD panels, PVC has been used in some parts such as lamp wire and return wire. The company is replacing the PVC with PE (Poly Ethylene) which Samsung says does not release dioxin.
The company says it began working on the initiative in April. In October, the PVC phase-out was completed in all LCD development products. All products are now planned to be PVC-free this month.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices