Samsung’s LCD Panels Go PVC Free
Samsung Electronics has announced that its LCD business is going PVC free.In Samsung’s LCD panels, PVC has been used in some parts such as lamp wire and return wire. The company is replacing the PVC with PE (Poly Ethylene) which Samsung says does not release dioxin.
The company says it began working on the initiative in April. In October, the PVC phase-out was completed in all LCD development products. All products are now planned to be PVC-free this month.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System