Samsung’s LCD Panels Go PVC Free
Samsung Electronics has announced that its LCD business is going PVC free.In Samsung’s LCD panels, PVC has been used in some parts such as lamp wire and return wire. The company is replacing the PVC with PE (Poly Ethylene) which Samsung says does not release dioxin.
The company says it began working on the initiative in April. In October, the PVC phase-out was completed in all LCD development products. All products are now planned to be PVC-free this month.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland