7th Generation Products Could Show Up On Wal-Mart Shelves
Seventh Generation CEO Jeffrey Hollender says that he would now consider selling products to Wal-Mart, although no decision has been reached, Fortune reports.
“Three years ago, I would have never imagined even considering doing business with them,” Hollender said in the article. But the retailer’s sustainability efforts, a private meeting with CEO Lee Scott, and an internal review of retailers that graded each on their commitment to greener practices, has Hollender changing his tune.
It’s by no means a slam dunk. Seventh Generation may not even have the production capacity to handle a big order from Wal-Mart. In addition, Seventh Generation would likely lose some of its hardcore green consumers if it started working with Wal-Mart, according to the article.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project