Research Company Tells Printer Vendors To Greenwash Image
Apparently without realizing or caring that greenwashing is a negative term, Lyra Research, which tracks the digital imaging industry, sent out an email newsletter yesterday with the headline: “Printer Vendors Need to Greenwash Their Image,” CNET reports.
The newsletter described how companies aiming to appeal to green consumers are painting a green face, without necessarily cleaning up their act.
The newsletter said that printer hardware is expected to contribute 1 million tons of solid waste in this country alone, while pulp and paper companies are the fourth-largest toxic polluters of water
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market