Research Company Tells Printer Vendors To Greenwash Image
Apparently without realizing or caring that greenwashing is a negative term, Lyra Research, which tracks the digital imaging industry, sent out an email newsletter yesterday with the headline: “Printer Vendors Need to Greenwash Their Image,” CNET reports.
The newsletter described how companies aiming to appeal to green consumers are painting a green face, without necessarily cleaning up their act.
The newsletter said that printer hardware is expected to contribute 1 million tons of solid waste in this country alone, while pulp and paper companies are the fourth-largest toxic polluters of water
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store