Target Sells Used Electronics Online
Target is testing sales of “pre-owned” Apple Inc iPods, video games consoles and televisions on its Website. While results have been positive, it has not made a decision on whether or not to continue the business, Reuters reports.
It began the test about 30 days ago after seeing that many used electronics returned to its stores in “perfect working order.”
Depending on the policy for returning electronics to manufacturers, who then check that they work fine and return to the retailer, this could prove to reduce energy used for transportation.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management