Target Sells Used Electronics Online
Target is testing sales of “pre-owned” Apple Inc iPods, video games consoles and televisions on its Website. While results have been positive, it has not made a decision on whether or not to continue the business, Reuters reports.
It began the test about 30 days ago after seeing that many used electronics returned to its stores in “perfect working order.”
Depending on the policy for returning electronics to manufacturers, who then check that they work fine and return to the retailer, this could prove to reduce energy used for transportation.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years