Target Sells Used Electronics Online
Target is testing sales of “pre-owned” Apple Inc iPods, video games consoles and televisions on its Website. While results have been positive, it has not made a decision on whether or not to continue the business, Reuters reports.
It began the test about 30 days ago after seeing that many used electronics returned to its stores in “perfect working order.”
Depending on the policy for returning electronics to manufacturers, who then check that they work fine and return to the retailer, this could prove to reduce energy used for transportation.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council